Because benefits are a significant part of an employee’s total compensation, the Gene B. Glick Company takes particular pride in offering a complete and comprehensive package. Health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, a retirement plan and an employee assistance program are included. We review our benefits package annually to ensure it provides the best coverage we can afford and is meeting the needs of our employees.
- Medical Plan. Glick offers a comprehensive program which includes coverage in the event of hospitalization, major illness or injury, and it includes a generous benefit for wellness care. The program includes a PPO and prescription drug card.
- Dental Plan. The program includes benefits for preventative, basic and major dental care as well as orthodontia benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account. Flexible spending accounts offer employees a way to reimburse themselves with pre-tax dollars for eligible health care expenses.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment. The company provides life insurance coverage equal to two times base salary rounded down to the next increment of $5,000. Additional coverage may be purchased at competitive rates through the company’s supplemental plan.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability. Both plans pay a percentage of base salary if an employee is unable to work due to a non-work related disability.
- Retirement Plan. The company’s retirement plan includes several ways to help you save for your retirement:
A 401(k) Plan with: A Pre-tax Contribution account, which allows you to contribute up to 80 percent of your base pay, subject to IRS limits. The company will match up to 5 percent of the amount you contribute to this account.
A Profit Sharing Program: The company may contribute up to 10 percent of your base pay each year into your individual Profit Sharing Account, depending on the profitability of the company.
- Employee Assistance Program. Glick recognizes that there are conditions or situations outside of the work environment which can affect individual performance on the job. The EAP provides assessment, crisis intervention, brief therapy, and referral for employees and their dependants who may be experiencing personal problems.
- Holidays. The company recognizes 10 holidays during the year.
- Vacation. Employees earn vacation time based on their length of service with the company. Two weeks of vacation are earned each year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO). Non-exempt employees receive two weeks of PTO each year.
- Apartment Discount. Employees may receive a 20-percent discount off market rent if residing in an applicable Gene B. Glick apartment community.
- Tuition Assistance. This program is designed to assist employees who are increasing their job-related skills and knowledge through courses taken at outside institutions. Employees are eligible to receive 50 percent reimbursement for tuition expenses for job-related courses.