Celebrating Volunteerism and Global Volunteer Month
At the Gene B. Glick Company, our mission is to invest in our team members, residents and the communities we serve to build value for people and places. As part of our efforts, we encourage our team members to give their time, energy and talents through community engagement. Glick team members are provided eight hours of paid time off (known as Volunteer Time Off) annually to dedicate to volunteering, and since 2015, our team members have volunteered more than 12,500 hours through Glick Cares initiatives.
“Volunteering is an important part of our goal to strengthen the quality of life in the communities we serve,” said David Barrett, President and CEO of the Gene B. Glick Company. “By coming together and devoting time to meaningful causes, we build stronger connections within our company and help those who need it most.”
As we celebrate National Volunteer Week and Global Volunteer Month throughout April, we are highlighting opportunities to give back. Below, you will find both in-person and virtual volunteer events in some of the communities in which we operate, with opportunities available for individuals, groups and families. Thank you for your dedication to making a difference!
- Gleaners Food Bank (Indianapolis)
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail (Indianapolis)
- Coburn Place (Indianapolis)
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana (Ft. Wayne)
- Wellspring Interfaith Social Services (Ft. Wayne)
- REAL Services (South Bend)
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana (South Bend)
- Dare to Care Food Bank (Louisville)
- SeniorCare Experts (Louisville)
- Racine County Food Bank (Racine)
- Volunteer Center of Racine County (Racine)