Glick Education Awards
2023 - 2024 Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Glick Education Awards?
The Glick Education Awards are award funds available for dependents of Gene B. Glick Company team members. The Glick Education Awards consist of two different award funds in an effort to reach as many dependents of company team members as possible. The Gene B. Glick Company funds one of the awards and Glick Philanthropies funds the other.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be dependent children of full-time/part-time Glick team members in any state who have at least one year of regular employment as of February 1, 2024, the application deadline.
- A dependent child is defined as a natural born or adopted child, stepchild or child for whom the Glick team member has been appointed the legal guardian or been given legal custody up to age 24.
- Dependent children of temporary or seasonal Glick team members are not eligible.
- Applicants can be current high school seniors, students currently enrolled in post-secondary education programs, or individuals planning to enroll in/return to post-secondary education programs.
- Graduate students or those pursuing other post-undergraduate credentials are not eligible for this award.
- Glick Education Awards are non-renewable, but those that meet the application criteria may apply and receive the award in multiple years.
What type of educational institution qualifies?
Any accredited public or private college, university, technical, vocational or trade school qualifies.
What is the value of the education award?
Education awards will range from $2,500 to $10,000.
How can the awards be used?
The awards can be used for tuition, required fees, room and board, and books.
What information is needed to apply?
- Basic contact information.
- A digital copy of the applicant’s latest academic transcript.
- Test scores (SAT and/or ACT).
- Financial information (e.g., FAFSA Student Aid Report, award letters, income information, etc.).
- Contact information for two references.
How will education award applications be judged?
Selection will be based on academic record, demonstrated leadership, participation in community activities, work experience, a personal essay and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants with high financial need.
How do I apply?
- The application can be found on the Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF) website by clicking here.
- When dependents of Glick team members apply for the Glick Education Awards on CICF’s website, they will complete one application. CICF will work behind the scenes to determine award recipients for each award fund.
When is the application deadline?
The application window opens Nov. 2, 2023 and applications are due Feb. 1, 2024.
Who makes the award selections?
CICF will annually appoint an independent, impartial selection committee. Glick team members or Glick family members will not be on the selection committee.
When will education award announcements be made?
Education award recipients will be notified by the end of June 2024.
What if I have questions?
Contact Central Indiana Community Foundation at 317.634.2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to review our 2023 Glick Education Award recipients and what the award means to them.