Project Fresh Start: Employees Help to Ease the Back-to-School Burden on Families
Students across the country face new obstacles as they return to school during the coronavirus pandemic this fall. While some students are attending school in person, some are learning from home. No matter how students living in Glick apartment communities are learning this year, two items have been added to their shopping lists: masks and headsets.
Since 2015, Glick team members have collected more than 140,000 school supplies for students in our communities. This year, Project Fresh Start shifted its focus to address the unique needs caused by the pandemic and to help ease the back-to-school burden for students and families. Glick team members raised money through Project Fresh Start to help purchase youth masks and eLearning headsets necessary to keep students healthy and learning. Through these donations, Project Fresh Start purchased 1,740 youth masks and 1,280 headsets for students across 11 states and 28 Gene B. Glick properties, including:
- Florida: Sienna Square
- Georgia: Rendant Apartments
- Illinois: Carriage House Decatur
- Indiana: Applecreek Apartments, Briarwood Lafayette, Cambridge Square Greenwood, Cambridge Square LaPorte, Cambridge Square North, Carriage House East, Carriage House Evansville, Colonial Square, Colonial Village, Jamestown Square Vincennes, Jamestown Square Washington, Loper Commons, Mann Village, Northwood of Franklin, Thompson Village
- Kentucky: Hampton Place
- Michigan: Plymouth Arms, Suntree
- Missouri: Stonebridge
- North Carolina: Bethabara Pointe
- Ohio: Briarwood Toledo, Timber Creek
- Virginia: Carriage House Virginia Beach, Governor’s Pointe
- Wisconsin: Waico Apartments
We wish all of our neighbors an educational and healthy school year! To learn more about Glick’s other corporate social responsibility initiatives, click here.