United Way of Central Indiana Engagement Opportunities
United Way of Central Indiana and the Gene B. Glick Company have a long-standing relationship, benefitting the communities where they are located through workplace campaigns and other philanthropic programs. This is why Glick has committed to being a Strategic Partner of the United Way, to help identify opportunities to further our corporate social responsibility efforts.
Below are engagement opportunities for United Way of Central Indiana for January through March of 2020.
- Learn about ongoing volunteer positions such as gardening, delivering items to homebound clients, office assistance, and potential skills-based volunteering options—look on pages 5-6 of this packet.
- For individual or small group volunteer opportunities such as scanning, sorting, and inspecting donated food items or assisting clients as they shop in the on-site food pantry, check out available dates and times here.
- Large group volunteer shifts to assist with sorting and packing food items occur Monday—Friday with shifts from 8:30am-11:30am or 9:30am-11:30am and 12:30pm-2:30pm or 12:30pm-3:30pm. To schedule a large group volunteer opportunity, please contact Molly Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer. These volunteers ensure each child is placed in a safe, permanent home as soon as possible and that they don’t fall through the cracks of an overburdened system.
- Learn more and find upcoming information sessions here.
- Individual volunteer opportunities include front desk help, computer lab help, clerical duties, kitchen assistance, etc. Learn more here.
- Group opportunities include preparing and serving food to neighbors, assisting in the clothing pantry by sorting and organizing clothing and hygiene donations, and cleaning/maintenance projects — groups of 5-10 individuals are perfect for these opportunities.
- To schedule a group opportunity, please contact Molly Miller at email@example.com
Hygiene items, clothing, kitchen items, winter items and more.
Cleaning supplies, bottled water, hand sanitizer, Kleenex and more
Children’s Bureau, Inc.
Children’s clothes, diapers, hygiene items, books, toys and more.
Noble of Indiana
Furniture, kitchen appliances, art supplies, children’s supplies, hats, gloves, and more.
For more information, please reach out to Molly Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org