VTO with Heart – Random Acts of Flowers
At the Gene B. Glick Company, we are committed to strengthening the quality of life and giving back to the communities we call home. As part of our corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts, we encourage our team members to give back to their communities through volunteerism and empower them to do so through our paid volunteer time off (VTO) program. Our ‘VTO with Heart’ series highlights Glick team members using their VTO to volunteer with organizations close to their hearts.
Random Acts of Flowers has one thing on its mind, brightening people's days. They take in recycled flowers and transform them into beautiful bouquets and arrangements that are delivered to local healthcare facilities for elderly individuals and those struggling with injury or illness.
“I see loneliness on a daily basis with our elderly residents; so many of our residents are alone with no family. I know that a floral delivery could mean the world to them and give them a reason to smile.” Their mission inspired Christy Lindbeck to invite Kelly Staley and Andrea Boyd to join her for a day of volunteering.
After their time volunteering with Random Acts of Flowers, we caught up with Christy, Kelly and Andrea to learn more about how volunteering is part of their lives.
How Does Volunteering Impact Your Life?
- “Donating my time is only a small gesture that impacts the lives of others. If I can help bring a smile to someone’s day, that is the best feeling in the world.” – Christy Lindbeck
- “I love volunteering and making a difference in someone else's life. Whether it be small or big, I just love making people smile.” – Kelly Staley
- “It feels good to do good. I don’t do what I do only because of a paycheck but because I love my residents and my team. It was nice to know what we were doing was ultimately going to make someone’s day brighter.” – Andrea Boyd
What Does Glick’s VTO Mean to You?
- “I love that they offer VTO because it lets me know that I work for a company that genuinely cares about helping people.” – Kelly Staley
- “VTO gives us the opportunity to give back to our communities during business hours. Most organizations are closed during our work hours making it hard for us to volunteer.” – Andrea Boyd
Are There Other Organizations That You Work with That You Want Others to Know About?
- “We have a resident that is disabled, and his mom started an organization called Reach Columbus. They are newly starting out and need all the support they can get.” – Kelly Staley
- “Our local Salvation Army has always gone above and beyond for our residents at Fairington of Columbus. Nancy at the Columbus, IN Salvation Army is my go-to when it comes to needing help or direction for a resident or anyone in need. She stocks our pantries and ensures that if there’s a need, it is taken care of, from food to clothing.” - – Andrea Boyd
To learn more about these great organizations, visit:
If you are a Glick team member and want to use your VTO to give back to your community, submit your VTO request via Paylocity. We also encourage all team members to log their volunteer time and impact on Selflessly to inspire others.