Glick’s CSR Impact in 2022
As one of the nation’s largest family-owned real estate development, ownership, and management firms, Glick is committed to giving back in the communities we call home. Through our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts, we invest in our team members, residents, and the communities we serve to build value for people and places. Below are some of the highlights from 2022.
How we help our team members and their families reach their goals
Glick Education Awards: Glick Education Awards aim to minimize the financial burden on families by supporting the dependents of our team members who are interested in pursuing higher education. In 2022, Glick provided 16 education awards totaling $100,000. To date, 55 Glick Education Awards – totaling $320,000 – have helped students pursue their goals and dreams. The recipients are pursuing postsecondary credentials at a variety of colleges and universities as well as technical, vocational, and trade schools across the country.
Glick Relief Fund: The Glick Relief Fund helps team members facing financial difficulties after an unforeseen personal hardship or natural disaster. In 2022, 22 grants totaling $54,568 were awarded to team members weathering financial hardships, such as natural disaster, illness or injury, domestic abuse, death of a family member, and other events.
Glick Loan Program: The Glick Loan Program provides team members with access to financial wellness programs and affordable loans to cover unexpected financial emergencies. In 2022, 98 loans totaling $288,000 were provided to help team members bridge financial hardships.
How we help create transformational opportunities for our residents
Project Fresh Start: To ensure all youth residents had the tools they needed to start the 2022-2023 school year off on the right foot, Glick team members rallied together to raise money through Project Fresh Start. These donations went toward purchasing nearly 3,200 backpacks filled with essential school supplies for school-aged residents at 35 Glick apartment communities across eight states. Since 2015, Glick has distributed nearly 225,000 school supply items to residents and the broader community.
Glick Food Drive: To help connect community members to nourishing food, we host an annual virtual fundraising campaign called the Glick Food Drive. Team members are invited to contribute financially, and all contributions are matched by the Glick Gives Fund. Thanks to the generosity of the Glick team, we raised $30,520 that was distributed evenly between 19 nonprofit organizations working to connect community members to food. Since 2015, the Glick Food Drive has collected nearly 100,000 canned food items and raised more than $110,000 for nonprofit organizations in communities where Glick apartments are located.
How we strengthen the quality of life in the communities we serve
Glick Gives Fund: The Glick Gives Fund offers the opportunity for Glick team members to support the causes they care about in the communities where they live and work. In 2022, 378 team members engaged with Glick Gives in the following ways:
- 85 Glick team members donated $52,889 of their own funds to nonprofit organizations which Glick Gives matched with a total of $115,617.
- 63 Glick team members received a Service Award Grant, the opportunity to direct Glick Gives funds to nonprofit organizations of their choice. Team members earn this opportunity for reaching a certain number of years with Glick. Through this program, team members directed $64,200 in donations.
- To celebrate Glick’s 75th anniversary, 75 team members were selected at random to distribute $1,000 and all other team members had the opportunity to distribute $75 to nonprofit organizations of their choice.
- Shortly after the war in Ukraine began, Glick Gives offered a 3-to-1 match to support humanitarian organizations on the ground in Ukraine. For example, if a team member personally donated $25 to one of these organizations, Glick Gives would provide an additional $75 to the organization.
- On Giving Tuesday, 53 team members donated to nonprofit organizations and – with a 3-to-1 match offered – Glick Gives issued a $68,433 match.
- Thanks to team members, 470 nonprofit organizations were supported through Glick Gives in 2022. Of these organizations, 172 received $500 or more.
Glick Cares: Each Glick team member receives 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO) each year. Including VTO and other personal volunteering, 99 team members logged 500 total hours of volunteering in 2022. Some of these were through Glick-sanctioned engagements, including:
- Million Meals Movement: At the Glick Leadership Conference, team members packed 15,000 meals to be distributed to residents at Glick properties.
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful: As part of the Far Eastside Community Cleanup, an annual event organized by the Far Eastside Community Council and Community Alliance of the Far Eastside (CAFE), Glick team members helped to cleanup a formerly abandoned lot into a greenspace called the Far Eastside Orchard.
Thank you to everyone who made this collective impact possible in 2022! To learn more and follow along with Glick’s CSR journey, visit genebglick.com/our-impact.